Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Update

What a whirlwind! These last two weeks have been soooo busy- doing what?? Suddenly the day is over, and I feel like nothing was accomplished except for taking care of Griffin. Now that I'm feeling so much better and have more energy, I'm able to get more things done around the house while he sleeps.

Griffin has been the biggest joy to have. He is such a content baby and is smiling a lot more lately. The smile doesn't last long, and it's not intentional, but it is sure fun to look at!! He is a really good eater and LOVES to nurse. He'll be fussing because he's hungry, and as soon as he gets latched- he's done for. His body relaxes, his eyes close and he's in the zone! Nursing has been such a special time for him and I. And it's much more enjoyable now that I'm healing.

Ben went back to work last Wednesday, so it was a tough week for him. He wished so much that he could take the rest of the week off and stay home with Griff and I, but he had to go back. This week, I've been on my own during the day and things have gone very well so far.

We had soooooooooo many visitors over the last two weeks, which has been very nice. We really enjoyed when they brought food too! Ben and I are truely blessed to have such awesome friends and family in our lives.

Griffin has his two week appointment today, so we'll get him weighed and make sure everything is on track still. I don't anticipate any new issues arising, so the appointment should go fast.

Thank you again to everyone for the gifts and food over the last two weeks. I can't tell you how greatful we are for everyone's support as we stumble through parenthood. It's a new journey for the two of us and Griff gets to tag along for the ride. I'll get new pictures up this week too. He's getting chubby and looking less "newborn-like." It's a fun time in our life!

5 comments:

Shelly Pagel said...

So glad everything is going well Bekki!! We hope to come visit in the next couple of weeks too...and we'll bring food! : )

Val said...

Griff is one special little guy and we love him so much (and his parents too). It's been a few days since I've seen him and I need to get to Wanamingo. Kiss him from his Grandma and I'll see you soon. Love, Grandma Val

The Jahnkes said...

enjoy every minute- so glad breast feeding is going well for you- it takes so much stress out of things when that part is good. try to not do too much while he is sleeping and take a break now and then. love to you- Kelly

Michelle said...

We are so glad to hear you are doing well, Bekki! We can't wait to see more photos of him as he grows bigger!

Tribe of Adeline said...

Thanks for posting Bekki and glad things are going so well for you ....now how about some pictures of the little guy!!!!
Love, Bonnie