Monday, September 28, 2009

Making Salsa

So Katie and I decided we need to start canning. Good idea. I learned to wear a glove when chopping jalepeno peppers. My hand burned for hours, so this is me soaking my hand in cold milk. Surprisingly, it really helped... until I took it out.
Here is picture of our 17 jars of salsa!! We were so very proud of ourselves that it acutally turned out! All those years of watching Mom can tomatoes paid off!

Exhausted.
P.S. No, we did not plan to wear to same outfit, it just happens. All the time.


Katie brought down the Jump-a-roo for Griff to try. He loved it!!!!! But Noah thought he should give it a whirl again too. He was just a little too big for it. It was so funny.



Griff in his Jump-a-roo. So much fun!!





2 comments:

Tribe of Adeline said...

You girls are so funny and it looks like you have fun together.I would like your salsa receipe. I've never turned my jars over. Whats that all about? I made 12 pints of salsa and around 30 quarts of tomatoes this year.I did more last year, so I still have some. It is so nice to have on hand. Your sons are so sweet. Love, Margene

Bakken Board said...

We boil the jars and lids in a pot of water, then take them out and pour the hot salsa in them. We put on the lids and turn the jar over. Leave them to cool completely and turn them right-side-up when they are cool and it's sealed! That way, you dont have to boil jars that are full of salsa. It was pretty slick!