Thursday, November 6, 2008

It's Official!!

Ben and I are going to have a baby!!!!!!
My due date is June 5, 2009 which makes me 10 weeks on Friday.
Ben came with me to my first doctors appointment Tuesday morning and everything went very well. The baby looks good and was wiggling all around during the ultrasound. The doctor also confirmed there is only ONE baby.
We spilled the beans to both sets of parents last night. We had waited so long to tell them which made it a really fun evening. Grandma Val can't wait to be a Grandma again and Ben's Dad was excited to get to baptize another Grandchild!
We made special trips to both parents houses and after some casual conversation, Ben handed the mom's the ultrasound pictures. Ben's mom Avonne, looked at it and thought it was something we had found in a box in the garage (becuase we were cleaning out there eariler in the afternoon)! Then she looked at me and I smiled. She started crying and there were hugs all around! My mom looked at it for a minute, then looked at Dad and realized what she was holding!! She started crying as well and so did I.
Shortly after that, I had to go to band practice. So I left and told the Loose Cannons there will be an addition to the band next Spring! There were all so happy for us.

7 comments:

Mindi Kay said...

YYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

We are SOOO excited for you two!!! And what a fun way to surprise the parents! You two are DUE to join the Parent Club!! So- are you going to find out or be surprised!?!

Kim Sjoquist said...

Oh, Bekki!! That's great! I am so happy for you guys!! Congrats!

Shelly Pagel said...

Congrats!! Brendon just told me yesterday-- I'm so happy for you guys. You'll be great parents! After Bren told me I was thinking you will have a tall blonde baby-- boy or girl the baby will be so dang cute! : ) Let us know if you need anything

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!! That is amazing!We are so happy for you!

CBSjoquistfamily said...

Woohooo!!!! Yay, so excited for you... I had been wondering :) Hope your pregnancy goes great. you seemed well on Saturday! Congrats!

Unknown said...

i can't even say just how excited i am for you guys!!! this is the most awesome thing you will ever experience. you two are going to be such super parents! i'm just so happy i don't have to keep this a secret anymore, it was just killing me! noah says thanks for the cousin. love you!!

The Jahnkes said...

love all the new photos- happy birhtday and congrats on the bub in the tummy