Tuesday, December 30, 2008

17 1/2 weeks!

I'm growing! 17 1/2 weeks along and still feeling really good. Kiddo should be about 5 inches long!
I just woke up from a nap during the Sunday football game. Good thing I'm turned to the left. I had a serious case of bed-head on the right. My next appointment is on Monday Jan. 5 and I can't wait!! I look forward to my appointment every month. I'll be curious to see what my weight is. I've been very hungry the last two weeks, but I've tried to keep my eating in check, or at least stick to healthy food as much as I can. As soon as I eat, I'm stuffed. Then in two or three hours, I'm ready for another snack! I could graze all day. Good thing I have a busy job and don't have time to sit and munch. I would be in big trouble otherwise.

Last night (Monday), I finished making supper and was walking back into the kitchen and stopped... I think I felt something. Was it the baby?? Maybe. What is it supposed to feel like? Was it gas?? I am really hungry. A few minutes later Katie called and as I was talking to her, I felt something again. But this was a little different than earlier. So, I might have felt my baby move last night, but I'm not sure. Maybe I'll feel it again before Saturday! Then I'll know for sure. Happy New Year!!


2 comments:

Val said...

Eventually the kiddo will kick and you'll feel like you're in the car and a child is kicking the back seat. But you young folks don't know what that feels like either, as the kids are in car seats now. Anywho, if you want to know, but a three year old in the back seat & tell him/her to kick. That's the feeling. Love & kisses to you and our grandchild. Love Mom

Shelly Pagel said...

the first kicks are awesome- I was the same I never really knew--- and then all the sudden you feel it you know! I thought it felt like just a little tickle or a flutter... it's awesome!! You look soo cute too!