Thursday, July 23, 2009

2 Months Old Today!!

Griff turns two months old today!!! Well, on the 28th will be two months, he's 8 weeks old today. Holy cows. What a busy two months this has been! I'm still surprised how long it takes us to get ready to go somewhere- even just for a walk!!!! We have to nurse, then change my bra, change his diaper, make sure he's dressed for the weather, put on my socks and shoes, get a water bottle filled, brush my teeth and/or wash my face (because it's after noon and that should be done before we go into public), put sunscreen on myself, strap him in his car seat, lug the stroller out of the car, latch him in and finally away we go!!! Oh but wait- I forgot my sunglasses. Uh.

Don't get me wrong, I love this new little boy more than I could ever explain! It just really takes a long time now that he's arrived.

He had his two month well baby visit yesterday (Wednesday) and as of now... he is growing like a stump. Short and wide. At 21 5/8 inches, he is in the 17th percentile for height. And at a whopping 13.4 pounds- the 87th percentile for weight! HA! Hopefully he'll elongate and catch up to himself.

On other news- we are selling our house!!! On Monday, our house went on the market! We have been working feverishly to finish the never-ending remodel and we are nearly done. God bless our family for all their work the past few weeks. We appreciate their help soooo much because we never would have finished as quickly as we did. We had our first showing yesterday, and it sounded like they might come back for a second showing with their parents! Good news! Ben and I put an offer in on another house in Wanamingo that would be just perfect for us. It's huge and doesn't need a lot of work. So we are keeping our fingers crossed and doing a lot of praying that we could sell our home and buy the other one!! We'll just have to wait and see. God knows the plan for us, we just have to be patient.

Enjoy the nice weather this weekend everyone!! The Bakkens

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Good luck on selling your house quickly! And we love little Griffin. Can't wait to meet him!

Angie said...

Exciting news! Good luck selling your house! You should post pics of the new house sson. Is it also an older home or is it newer?

Martha said...

I caught up on your blog today. Loved all the pictures of Griffin...He is so cute naked!! Best of luck in selling your home..I know it can be a little stressful. Love, Martha